Part 2 Movement
5 Direction of Minister concerning staying at home
- The Minister directs that a person must not, without reasonable excuse, leave the person’s place of residence.
- For the purposes of subclause (1), a reasonable excuse includes doing an activity specified by Schedule 1.
Note. Examples of a reasonable excuse in Schedule 1 include leave for reasons involving-
(a) obtaining food or other goods and services, or
(b) travelling for the purposes of work or education if it is not possible to do it at home, or
(c) exercise, or
(d) medical or caring reasons.
- Subclause (2) does not permit a person to participate in a gathering in contravention of Pat1 3.
- Taking a holiday in a regional area is not a reasonable excuse.
- Subclause (1) does not apply to a person who is homeless.