This page is for new soul-winners in our church. It has step-by-step instructions for the Spotio app we use to track our door-knocking progress. It also explains and defines the different pin statuses and form fields used to record information.
Why We Use Spotio
- It reduces the admin work required in distributing, collecting and updating physical maps.
- Follow-up information can easily be recorded at the point of contact so it is not easily forgotten.
- We can analyse the collected data and be encouraged by the numbers!
- You can get an approximate location of where the others are during a soul-winning time if you need to meet up.
- The contact information helps with follow-up and decision-making on which area to canvass again.
Download the App
After downloading and installing Spotio, request the login username and password from Victor Tey.
Add a New Pin
- Tap the map on the location you want the pin to be placed. The pin will be created in the exact spot you touch on the map.
- Check the address that is generated by Google Maps is correct. If it is incorrect, edit it by tapping the “>” on the ADDRESS field.
- After making your required edits, tap the “<” to go back to the main form.
- Select a relevant status for this visit.
- Complete any information fields on the form where relevant.
- Make brief NOTES for any additional information that may be helpful if a follow up is required by another person.
- Tap Save to save the information to the new pin.
- The new pin will now display on the map where you originally tapped the screen.
Below is a brief definition of each pin status to give you a guide of which status to use for any response received at a door.
|Not Home||No one was at home or no one answered the door. This status is also used for empty blocks or houses that are vacant or under construction.|
|Not Interested||The person did not accept the gospel tract regardless of any brief interaction.|
|Gave a Tract||The person was happy to accept the gospel tract. This status is also used when they allow you to give them a brief explanation of the gospel but there is very little to no interaction.|
|Brief Discussion||If there is some back and forth with the person, but you were not able to explain the gospel in-depth, show numerous bible verses or go through an entire presentation of the plan of salvation.|
|Long Discussion||You were able to present the entire plan of salvation, have a lengthy discussion on numerous bible verses or address many of the person's questions or objections.|
|Follow Up - Not Saved||The person is happy to be contacted to arrange another time to meet and discuss. Make sure request their contact phone number so we can message them before attempting to visit again.|
|Saved||The person called upon the Lord to be saved. Whilst it is possible for people to be saved without praying audibly or with another person, this is the standard that has been set for this status.|
|Already Saved||The person already professes salvation by grace through faith alone and also acknowledges that salvation is eternal (once saved, always saved).|
|Follow Up - Saved||The person was saved through your interactions with them and is happy to be contacted to arrange another time to meet and discuss. Make sure you request their contact number so we can arrange a follow-up visit.|
|Follow Up - A/Saved||The person was already saved prior to your interactions with them and is happy to be contacted to arrange another time to meet and discuss. Make sure you request their contact number so we can arrange a follow-up visit.|
|Church Member||The home of a church member. Add your own home address to the map if you haven't already!|
|Commercial||A business or commercial property where no one lives. We use this to know if a church member has already checked this street for housing.|
|Language Barrier||This is a person who may have been interested in talking if the soul-winner was able to speak their language. Indicate their language in the form field if you are able to obtain this information.|
|Aggressive||The person openly expresses that they are upset that we have visited or they would no longer want to be visited in the future.|
Fill out as much of this information as you can. We review the numbers every year and use the data to see which areas will be re-canvassed first when we re-knock the doors in the area.
|Name||Name of the person who was spoken to. Even if you have brief conversation, note this down as it helps to build rapport on a second visit.|
|Phone||This information is important if we need to follow up with someone. Otherwise you can waste a lot of time going to homes where people are not home.|
|If they are interested in receiving more information about Christianity then we can add them to our email list.|
|Religion||If the religion is not listed, use the field below to enter the name. Let Victor know if there's a religion you think should be on the list and it can be added.|
|Language||This field is only needed if the person does not speak English. If the language is not listed, use the field below to enter the name. Let Victor know if there's a language you think should be on the list and it can be added.|
|Notes||Write in any extra information you think would be useful to remember if someone were to talk to this person again.|
- Tap the map where the apartment building is located.
- Tap the “>” to update the ADDRESS.
- Type in the relevant UNIT/SUITE number.
- Select a status and then tap Save once you have completed all relevant form fields.
- Now tap near the same place on the map to add the second pin for this apartment.
- Since the address already exists, you will be given an option to either “edit” or “add” a new pin at this location. Select Add Unit Pin.
- Enter the next UNIT/SUITE number and tap the “<” to go back to the main form page.
- Select a status and complete any form fields if relevant. Then tap Save to add the apartment to this pin.
- Once the second pin is added, you will notice an apartment pin now shows on the map. Tap on this apartment pin to see the individual apartment information.
- Tap the large “+” button to add additional apartments.
- Select a status, and ensure you fill in the next UNIT/SUITE number.
- Use the apartment pin for town-housing and retirement villages that share a single street address.
People on the Street
- Tap the location on the map where you spoke with the person on the street and use the house number closest to that location.
- Select Add Unit Pin.
- Add an “ST” to the house number (eg. 4ST) and this will separate the new pin from the pin for the house at that same address.
- If you speak with multiple people in the same street location, create an apartment pin using the same instructions.
Edit an Existing Pin
- Tap on the pin you want to edit. Then tap on the large “pen” button to open the pin information for editing.
- Make any edits necessary, then tap Save.
- If you have trouble editing a pin, sometimes deleting it and adding it again solves the problem.
Delete a Pin
- Tap on the pin you want to delete. Then tap on the large “pen” button to open the pin information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the form where you can tap the option to Delete Pin.
- You will be asked to confirm this step. Tap OK to delete the pin. Be careful because this step cannot be undone.
- The pin will now be deleted. Once you move the screen the existing information for the deleted pin will disappear.