This page summarises the fundamental beliefs and convictions of our church.
1. We believe the Holy Bible is the perfect, inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God. It is the final authority of our church in all matters of faith and practice.
Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2. We believe the King James Version is a perfect translation of the word of God into English. It is therefore equal in authority to the scriptures in the original languages (KJV only).
Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
1. We believe that there is only one true God, eternally existing as a trinity of the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost.
Genesis 1:1-3 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Word made flesh and is, therefore, both man and God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of a virgin.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
1. We believe that every person is born with a sin nature. That we are inherently bad, not good, and in need of a Saviour.
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
2. We believe that our sin nature is due to Adam’s original sin but our guilty state before God is due to our own personal sins.
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
3. We believe that the very young and mentally disabled, who are unable to understand the gospel, are not held accountable for their sins and will be saved by the grace of God.
Romans 7:8-9 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
2 Samuel 12:22-23 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
1. We believe that hell is a literal place of fire and torment in the presence of God. We reject the belief that sin is separation from God.
Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
2. We believe that those who reject the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell.
Mark 9:47-48 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
1. We believe that eternal life is a gift. That we are saved by grace through faith and not by any good works we do. Trusting the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ is the only requirement for salvation.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
2. We believe that repentance unto salvation, is when a person turns from unbelief and calls upon the Lord Jesus Christ. ‘Repentance from sin’ is a good work believers should strive to do daily, but it is not a requirement to be saved.
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3. We believe in the eternal security of the believer. The gift of eternal life, once received, can never be lost for any reason (once saved, always saved). We are kept saved by the work of the Lord Jesus Christ and not by our own good works or the state of our faith.
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
4. We believe that man has a free will to accept or reject the gift of eternal life. We reject the arminian belief that a person can lose eternal life by an act of free will. We reject calvinism entirely (TULIP).
Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. (T)
John 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. (T)
1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (U)
1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (L)
Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. (I)
2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. (P)
1. We believe a church is a local group of believers who gather regularly in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. The term can refer to the general assembly or the members who make up the congregation. It is not the building where they meet.
Psalm 22:22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
Hebrews 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
2. We believe the purpose of church is to: discourage sin, do good works and encourage the spiritual growth of believers. It is not a religious ritual.
Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
3. We believe there is a universal body of Christ which is comprised of all believers, but we reject the belief of a universal church.
Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
2 Thessalonians 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
4. We believe Christ is the head of every church. Therefore we believe churches ought to be independent of an overseeing denomination or religious organisation.
Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
5. We believe there are two offices in the church: bishop and deacon. Only qualified men are to be appointed to these positions. We believe the office of an apostle has ceased as well as the power to impart spiritual gifts of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands.
1 Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
1 Timothy 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
1. We believe that baptism with water is by immersion and only for believers (baptist). We reject the practice of baptizing unbelieving children (infant baptism).
Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Acts 8:36-37 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
2. We believe that baptism with water is performed in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. That this is the example set by the apostles. The name of Jesus Christ has the authority of the entire Godhead: the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 28:18-19 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
3. We believe that baptism with water is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection. It has no power to save or wash away sins and is not an act that adds a believer to a church.
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1. We believe that being saved is what deems a person worthy to partake of the bread and cup in communion. We practice an open communion and allow visiting believers to partake with us.
1 Corinthians 11:29-30 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
2. We believe that communion is a reminder of the Lord Jesus Christ’s sacrifice and is symbolic of his broken body and shed blood. It has no power to save and is not a requirement for salvation.
1 Corinthians 11:24-25 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
1. We believe in the effectual power of prayer. That it is the responsibility of every believer to pray for one another and for those in authority so that we can live in peace with our fellow man.
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
1 Timothy 2:1-2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
2. We believe that believers have direct access to God in prayer. We reject the practice of praying to Mary or the saints.
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
1. We believe that preaching the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is the duty of every believer.
1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
2. We believe that the ultimate mission of every church should be the great commission: preaching the gospel to unbelievers, baptizing believers, and creating disciples.
Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
3. We believe in the necessity of door-to-door soul-winning to systematically reach every house in the local area.
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
1. We believe that life begins at conception and that any medical procedure that intentionally ends the life of a baby inside the womb is murder (pro-life, anti-abortion).
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
1. We believe that marriage is a life-long union between a man and a woman (traditional marriage). We reject the practice of polygamy.
Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Matthew 19:5-6 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
2. We believe that all sexual acts outside of marriage is a sin. Adultery, homosexuality, beastiality and de facto relationships are all forms of fornication.
1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
3. We believe the purpose of marriage is to provide mutual companionship for husband and wife as well as the ideal environment to raise godly children.
1 Corinthians 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
Malachi 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
1. We believe that God created the world in 6 literal, 24 hour days approximately 6,200 years ago (young-earth creation).
Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
2. We believe that observational science confirms the truth of God’s word and reject the religion of atheism. Macro-evolution (as opposed to natural selection) is false, irrational and unscientific.
Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1. We believe that the rapture of believers at the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ will take place after the tribulation but before God pours out his wrath on this earth (post-trib, pre-wrath).
Matthew 24:29-31 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Mark 13:24-27 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
2. We believe in a literal, 1,000 year reign of the Lord Jesus Christ on this earth (pre-millenial).
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
3. We believe the true spiritual nation of Israel, to which pertain the promises of God, is comprised of all believers: both Jew and Gentile.
Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.